Stainless Steel precision casting
- AISI CF-8
- polished (Ra < 0.8 µm) PL
Version with threaded insert
Stainless Steel AISI 304
Version with threaded stud
Stainless Steel AISI 304
Sealing ring / Wiper
hydrogenated acrylonitrile butadiene rubber (H-NBR) H
- temperature resistant -25 °C to +150 °C
- Hardness 85±5 Shore A
- FDA compliant
GN 305 adjustable hand levers with solid Stainless Steel handles are intended for use in hygiene areas. The sealed mounting surface enables fastening without dead spaces. The high quality finish as well as the impervious exterior surfaces prevent adherence of dirt and facilitate cleaning.
Adjustable hand levers are ideal whenever parts have to be clamped in a confined space or in a particular lever position.
The threaded insert is moveably attached to the handle with serrations. When pulling the handle, the serration frees itself and can be re-located into any required position. Engagement is achieved by releasing the lever.
- Stainless Steel characteristics
Why Hygienic Design?
In the food industry, medical technology and the pharmaceutical industry, product safety and consumer protection are becoming increasingly important. Due to their specific properties, standard parts in Hygienic Design can assist the production process in these sensitive areas and facilitate the manufacture of products with a long shelf life, which are free from preservatives.
Advantages of Hygienic Design
Less and shorter cleaning work (this can be up to 25 % of the production time), therefore
- more time available for production
- less fresh water consumption
- lower energy consumption
- less cleaning agent required
- less production of waste water
- lower total costs and saving of resources
Legal basis of Hygienic Design
EN 1672-2:2009 “Food machinery”
Machines must be able to be cleaned, i.e. they must be designed and constructed so that dirt can be removed with the recommended cleaning methods.
Machinery directive 2006/42/EC
Machines must be designed so that
- materials can be easily and fully cleaned before each use and
- no risk of infections or illness is created.
DIN EN ISO 14519:2008-07
Hygiene requirements for the design of machines
DIN EN 1672:2009-07
Food machinery – General design principles – Part 2
Design requirements for Hygienic Design
- Non-rusting Stainless Steels
- FDA and EU compliant plastics and elastomers
- Surfaces must be able to be cleaned
- Steps due to appliance configurations which are not aligned must be avoided
- Seals must be designed so that no gaps occur
- O-ring grooves must be hygienically designed
- Contact with the product to be manufactured must be ruled out
- Corners should preferably have a radius of 6 mm or more
Design / Geometry
The interior and exterior areas of all appliances, components or piping must be self-draining or be able to be drained and easy to clean.
Surface properties and roughness
Easy to clean with Ra < 0.8 μm
Design principles for Hygienic Design
- European Hygienic Engineering & Design Group
- non-profit European consortium of machine and food manufacturers as well their suppliers, research institutes, universities and government health agencies
- approximately 45 guidelines
- examination of products and issue of certificates
3-A Sanitary Standard, Inc.
- non profit and independent association in the USA
- three interest groups:public and governmental health agencies, machine and food manufacturers
- over 70 Sanitary Standards
- examination of designs and processes, issue of certificates
For the standard parts which are listed in Hygienic Design, seals have the central function of protecting dead spaces, gaps and cracks from the penetration of cleaning fluids or product residues.
For this, a defined pre-tension or pressing of the seals and wipers is necessary for a reliable and permanent seal in the installed condition. Within the Hygienic Design product family, seal installation spaces and seal cross sections are calculated and designed with simulation software, so that the necessary surface compression is achieved on installation and the seal material is not subjected to excess pressure.
A fundamental differentiation can be made between static and moving seals:
Is the static seal, application examples shown below the top faces the mounting surface (sealing ring) and the bottom faces the contact surface (bottom seal), so that the corresponding pressure is achieved by tightening. It should be ensured that all surfaces which make contact with the seal have a surface finish of al least Ra 0.8 µm.
The moving seals on the adjustable sleeve (wiper) and the ball joint (joint sealing ring) of the foot are designed so that they allow adjustment in both height and angle. With these too, the installation space together with the cross section of the seal ensures a gap-free, pre-tensioned seal.
Depending on the version and the type of use, it may be the case that seals may need to be replaced in case of damage or for preventative maintenance. For this, Elesa+Ganter supplies the relevant seals as spare parts or offers these under GN 7600 as standard parts for spare parts.
Scroll horizontaal onderaan de tabel en / of selecteer filters voor het gewenste resultaat
|460120931||GN 305-63-M6-PL-H||14.8||60.1||19||104||M 6||63||2.5||16.3||10||14||43.8|
|460120938||GN 305-63-M8-PL-H||18.8||62.1||19||108||M 8||63||2.5||18.3||12||18||45.8|
|460120926||GN 305-78-M8-PL-H||18.8||69.3||24||194||M 8||78||3||16.5||12||18||49.3|
|460120939||GN 305-78-M10-PL-H||22.8||71.3||24||189||M 10||78||3||18.5||15||22||51.3|