Self-extinguish high-rigidity SUPER-technopolymer, black colour, matte finish.
Thanks to its housing made out of SUPER-technopolymer, the CFSQ hinge guarantees the double insulation of the internal circuits, therefore there is no need of grounding connection. Furthermore, the housing protects the electric contacts from shocks, atmospheric agents and accidental penetration of tools.
AISI 303 stainless steel.
Assembly by means of pass-through holes for M6 countersunk-head screws UNI 5933, DIN 7991.
Starting work angle 0°:
- C-A-D: axial connector, microswitch on the right.
- C-A-S: axial connector, microswitch on the left.
- C-B-D: rear connector, microswitch on the right.
- C-B-S: rear connector, microswitch on the left.
- F-A-D: axial cable, 2 or 5 m length, microswitch on the right.
- F-A-S: axial cable, 2 or 5 m length, microswitch on the left.
- F-B-D: rear cable, 2 or 5 m length, microswitch on the right.
- F-B-S: rear cable, 2 or 5 m length, microswitch on the left.
Starting work angle -90°:
- C-A-D-EA: axial connector, microswitch on the right.
- C-A-S-EA: axial connector, microswitch on the left.
- C-B-D-EA: rear connector, microswitch on the right.
- C-B-S-EA: rear connector, microswitch on the left.
Cable type: UL/CSA STYLE 2587 3 X AWG 22.
Features and applications
- The hinge with built-in switch (ELESA patent) is a safety device because in case of accidental opening of doors, machine protections, or safety doors on machines and production equipment, it automatically breaks off the power supply hence protecting the operators.
- This hinge can be subject to frequent cleaning cycles and can be used in any situation or environment where a special attention to cleaning and hygiene is requested, thanks to the IP67 protection class and the use of stainless steel elements for closing the hinge body.
- Switch equipped with two contacts: one NC contact and one change-over NO contact, form C, see IEC EN 60947-5-1 standard.
- Switch set with positive opening (in compliance with IEC EN 60947-5-1 standard, K attachment): the contacts break off for the direct movement of an actuator, onto which the working force is applied through non elastic elements.
- Quick release switch: the stroke speed of the contact-holder slider does not depend on the working speed.
- Easy to assemble: the built-in safety switch is integrated into a single body with the hinge, thus offering a very easy and fast assembly. This is a great advantage in comparison with some traditional systems which still require to set up separately a hinge and a safety switch connected by a special pin to replace the standard pin of the hinge.
- Universal usage: CFSQ hinges can be assembled on the most common aluminium profiles.
Rotation angle (approximate value)
CFSQ: max 190° (-10° and +180° see Fig.1).
CFSQ-EA: max 270° (-90° and +180° see Fig.1).
0° is the condition where the interconnected surfaces are on the same plane.
See Built-in safety switch functioning and maintenance.
The hinge must not be stressed by any negative angle of less than -10° (CFSQ) and -90° (CFSQ-EA).
|Resistance tests||AXIAL STRESS||RADIAL STRESS||90° ANGLED STRESS|
|Description||Max limit static load|
|Max limit static load|
|Max limit static load|
For CFSQ. hinges with built-in safety switch, the reference value supplied is the max limit static load (Sa, Sr, S90), since these hinges can be used as safety devices. Above this value, the material may break, thus prejudicing the hinge functionality.Obviously a suitable factor, according to the importance and safety level of the specific application, must be applied to this value.The load values shown in the tables of the different hinges are the result of tests carried out in our laboratories under controlled temperature and humidity (23°C-50% R.H.), under given conditions of use and for a limited period of time.
Built-in safety switch functioning and maintenance
- The angle nominal variation required for switching the microswitch is of 6° (see stroke diagram). In normal conditions of use, when the mechanical life of the device is completed, the nominal variation may increase up to 9 °. We suggest to check the proper functioning of the hinge according to UNI EN ISO 13857.
- For applications with safety protection function, the hinge must be able to turn at least by 15°, equivalent to the forced opening (positive opening) of the contacts by the actuator.
- We suggest to check the proper functioning of the CFSQ hinge prior to the start up and afterwards periodically.
- When the protection is opened the machine must immediately stop. When the protection is opened at any degrees, the machine must not be able to start.
- The hinge with built-in safety switch must not be used in environments with frequent temperature changes which can cause condensation, in the presence of explosive or flammable gasses.
- The hinge with built-in safety switch must always be protected with a proper fuse (see table).
- The choice and use of the hinge with built-in safety switch is the responsibility of the customer who will check that the relevant application is compliant to the safety standards in force under the actual operating conditions.
- Using CFSQ hinges always implies a full knowledge of and compliance with the safety standards in force, including EN ISO 13849-1, IEC EN 60204-1, UNI EN ISO 14119, EN ISO 12100.
- The hinge must always be assembled and connected by qualified operators who have to check regularly the hinge perfect functioning.
|Category of usage|
Typical applications: electromagnetic load controls in alternating current
|48 V||4 A||4 A|
|220 V||4 A||4 A|
|440 V||-||3 A|
Typical applications: electromagnet controls in direct current
|24 V||4 A||4 A|
|127 V||0.3 A||0.3 A|
|Mechanical features||Electrical features|
|Type of contact: Ag 90 Ni 10||Thermic power lth||Cable 10 A|
|Connector: 4 A|
Maximum working frequence:
600 cycles/hour *
(test carried in compliance with
IEC EN 60947-5-1): 10 6
Seal voltage at nominal pulse
Insulation nominal voltage
Ui = 250V
Protection class of the housing
|Minimum force (torque for positive opening of contact): 0.5 Nm|
Speed of operation:
minimum 2° / sec.,
maximum 90° / sec.
|Short circuit conditioned current: 1000 A|
|Pollution degree: 3|
|B10d = 2000000|
|Tm = 20 years|
* A cycle of operations is equivalent to one closure and one opening as required by the standard EN60947-5-1.
|Description||Electrical features||Environmental rating|
4A at 24 Vac/dc
Types 1 and 4X
""indoor use only""
B3000 pilot duty
4A at 240 Vac (resistive load)
4A at 240 Vdc (resistive load)
|Environmental conditions for assembly: maximum permissible ambient temperature 40°C|
Accessories on request
- FC.M12x1: extensions with 4 pole M12 female axial connector.
Special executions on request
Operating angle of the hinge other than from 0° to 180°, every 15°, where the system frame/door requires a special execution.
- Fit the hinge body with the built-in switch on the fixed part (frame) and the other body on the door. The distance between the axis of the hinge pin and the door must be at least 5 mm (fig.3).
- Leave the least clearance between the holes in the mounting walls and the diameter of the setscrews (Max 0.5 mm). The suggested tightening torque should not be exceeded: 5 Nm.
- The hinge must not be used as a mechanical end-stroke either for door maximum opening or for closed door. For this purpose we recommend using external mechanical stops to prevent the door from opening completely against the hinge body assembled on the frame or exceeding the angle where the two interconnected surfaces are on the same plane.
- The CFSQ hinge must always be assembled with at least a second complementary hinge CFM. (CFM.60-45- SH-6 code 425812). In case of horizontal door opening or in general of a limited weight it is possible to use one hinge only.
- The connection cables must always be protected against mechanical damages.
- Cable with M12x1 connector using the following circuit scheme.
- Normally Closed contact NC: for safety applications, according to IEC EN 60947-5-1 standard, only the NC contact (for break off) must be used leaving the NO contact unused
- Normally Open contact NO: the normally open contact can be used only if the hinge is used as status indicator (signalling) in this case also the NC contact can be used simultaneously always as status indicator (signalling).
Scroll horizontaal onderaan de tabel en / of selecteer filters voor het gewenste resultaat